Best Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
After a few hot days here on the farm, the weather has turned windy and cold with promises of rain. We really need the rain this year but with the cooler damp weather we’re inside more and craving comfort food. Baked Ham and Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes are one of my go-to recipes for rainy days.
These potatoes are packed with that melt-in-your-mouth creamy cheesiness; the kind of goodness that you close your eyes allowing the flavours to take over your senses. If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, they make a great reheat-able lunch or you can fry them up with eggs and diced ham for a breakfast scrambler topped with salsa and sour cream. You can thank me later.
Here are some other delicious casseroles to try:
If you like this recipe, I’d love if you’d pin it on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- 6 medium potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup corn flakes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 2.8L casserole dish layer potatoes until bottom of dish is covered, sprinkle a loose handful of onion over the potatoes, sprinkle a small amount of flour and a pinch of salt and pepper over the layer. Repeat the same layering process starting with potatoes leaving enough room at the top for the soup mixture, corn flakes and cheese.
- Mix the soup with the milk. Once your last layer is placed in the dish, pour the soup mixture over the potatoes, the corn flakes over the top and the cheese on the top.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until tender when a fork is inserted into the potatoes. For the last 15 minutes, remove the lid to crisp up the cheese topping.
- Serve hot. Serves 6.
These look delish. I’m going to try them later this week
These look so good!!! Going to have to try this recipe out!
These look so damn good lol I’ve tried to make potatoes like this a few times and it never works out. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong.
These look so good! I am definitely going to try them out next time we are craving scalloped potatoes! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Yum! I love cheese and potatoes. This recipe is droolworthy!
looks like food thats for sure.
I love scalloped potatoes yum, I will definitely try these ones this fall thanks!
oh my goodness – these look amazing! Definitely on my try list!
Mmmmm! I know my hubby would LOVE these if I made them for him. 🙂
Those look fabulous!
Looks so yummy, thanks for the recipe
I will be trying this recipe soon, it sounds scrumptious.