Blueberry Fontaine Beverage
We’ve had a long, hot and dry summer here on the prairies of Saskatchewan. The heat has us reeling for cold air, easy meals and refreshing drinks. My kids like to share in the summer treats and when we want a little flare to our beverage they do too, like a Blueberry Fontaine. This blueberry beverage, takes only 3 ingredients but is an easy, tasty and a perfect summer drink to dress up your patio table.
This beverage is so easy to make, my two youngest daughters made this recipe all on their own. If you are asking yourself, why Blueberry “Fontaine”, my 5 year old daughter chose the name for this delicious drink and I think she made a great choice. I would personally cut the Grenadine back to 1 tbsp (at most) but the girls were a little excited when we made the YouTube video which will be added as soon as I’ve had time to edit.
Hey adults, if you want to kick this drink up a notch, add an ounce of vodka or white rum. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Cheers!
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 can of Ginger Ale or Sprite pop
- 1 tbsp grenadine
- lemon slices for garnish
- blueberries for garnish
- white sugar for garnish (optional)
- Blend the blueberries into a purée and pour into a glass.
- Pour the pop and grenadine over the purée; stir to mix.
- Place two slices of lemon along the side of the glass and one on the edge.
- Using a wooden skewer, fill with blueberries and roll in white sugar; place in the drink with a straw.