Honey Blueberry Muffins
I woke this morning to a silent house. Normally this lasts until the second after sitting down with my first coffee but this morning my family slept and I rejoiced by making fresh Honey Blueberry Muffins.
I had a large container of blueberries sitting in my fridge just starting to become too ripe. Naturally I didn’t want these beautiful berries to go to waste but the smell of fresh muffins filling my house early in the morning was my main motivator.
We recently extracted honey from our beehives, making the sugar replacement an easy choice. Not only is raw honey much better for you because it’s a natural sweetener, it has so many health benefits to take advantage of. Adding on the health benefits of honey to those of the well known blueberry, these muffins are that much better.
If you like this recipe, I’d love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
If you are ever looking for a honey conversion for sugar, try this one. This is not a sponsored post and in no way do I promote the brand however their conversion calculator is quite handy. Please note, you can then convert tablespoons to cups; as I’m sure you are the same, I prefer to use my largest measuring tools for measuring ingredients.
- 1/4 c. soft butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1-1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1-1/2 c. fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12 muffin tin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, cream butter with honey; add egg and mix well.
- In a small bowl mix dry ingredients, add to liquid mixture alternating between dry ingredients and milk.
- Fold in the blueberries and fill 12 greased muffin tin with each 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden colour. You can test by inserting a toothpick into the centre of a muffin quickly; if it comes out dry, the muffins are done. Do not overcook.
these look very decadent. thanks for sharing
Gosh, lucky family– I’d like to be sleeping in at your house & awaking to the smell of those muffins!! haha. They look beautiful & I bet they’re amazing with all those fresh ingredients.