Holiday Cheese Appetizer Trio
We enjoy having company over for drinks, games and appetizers; whether it’s planned or not we prefer to have easy appetizers to offer our guests. This Cheese Appetizer Trio offers an easy and delicious platter your guests will appreciate with only a few ingredients.
Cranberry goat cheese, basil, gypsy salami, on a cracker of your choice, and topped with a pecan make this blend of flavours one of my favourites. You can find all ingredients at your local grocery chain, making this the first of three easy and delicious cheese appetizers.
Ginger spice aged cheese, sunflower seeds on a peppered cracker topped with a raspberry and drizzled with honey make this one pretty appetizer on this list for number two. I personally prefer to use raw honey (beekeepers in the house). To heat crystallized honey, place the container in hot water until it liquifies; never use a microwave to heat honey. Purchase honey from a local beekeeper whenever possible; the remaining ingredients can also be found at your local grocer with a variety of cheeses.
Cheeseballs are a classic holiday appetizer. I prefer a little sweet with my heat on this spread of Pecan Jalapeño Cheeseball and slice of apple on an artisan cracker. A full recipe is provided below for the third easy recipe in this Cheese Appetizer Trio.
If you like this recipe, let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
If you like this recipe, try these other appetizer recipes:
- Crab Tartlets
- Ginger Pork Spring Rolls
- Sweet Pepper Bruschetta
- Parmesan Chicken Bites
- Baked Crab Cheese Dip
- Deviled Eggs with a Twist
- Sweet Tater Pad Thai Bites
- Teriyaki Steak Bites
- Stuffed Bacon Mushrooms
- Sweet Chili Meatballs
- 1 - 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 jalapeños, seeded & top removed and finely chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients except pecans.
- Place pecans on a small plate. Shape the cheese mixture into a ball and roll it in the pecans to coat well.
- Cover with saran wrap and chill for an hour before serving. Can be stored up to 4 days in the fridge. Serve with your favourite crackers.
What a delicious array of cheese! I bet the goat cheese would be awesome rolled in pomegranate seeds too!
that looks really tasty
Yum – all of these combinations are ones I’ve never tried before. The ginger cheese sounds interesting- I wasn’t aware it existed! I agree about supporting beekeepers, my friend is a pro bee-man and they work very hard and at all hours of day and night.