Holiday Wreath Cookies
December hasn’t officially started and I usually don’t decorate until after November ends but this weekend I awoke to my husband having put up my Christmas tree while I was sleeping. It was a nice surprise and put me into the Christmas mood, instantly ready to decorate and bake my heart out, like with these classic Holiday Wreath Cookies.
I’m not re-writing the book here with this recipe; it’s been popular as long as I can remember. For those of you who need a quick and festive holiday cookie idea, these Holiday Wreath Cookies are the perfect treat to get those scrooges into the holiday mood.
Growing up my mom had her share of Christmas tree styles, for a period she had a white tree in themes of peach or blue. To me, I have always been drawn to red and green; it’s just not Christmas without it. My Christmas tree, decorations and, now, baking have taken on my favourite colour palette to bring that festive feel full circle.
What colours make you feel like Christmas is upon us?
If you like this recipe, let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
If you like this recipe, try these other Christmas dessert recipes:
- Grinch Sugar Cookies
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Rocky Road Bars
- Microwave Peanut Brittle
- Iced Cherry Squares
- Chocolate-Dipped Brandy Snaps
- Chewy Ginger Snaps Cookies
- Mars Bar Rice Krispies Squares
- Black Bottom Cream Cheese Cupcakes
- Cherry & Honey Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Jam Pecan Bars
- Jam Jam Cookies
- 1 bag of large marshmallows
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- green food colouring to desired colour
- 4 cups cornflakes
- red round candies, enough for each wreath (I used candy covered chocolate in red)
- Line baking pans with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large pot on low to medium heat, combine marshmallows, butter, vanilla and food colouring and stir until melted and blended.
- Remove from heat and add in cornflakes, mixing gently until fully covered.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of marshmallow mixture onto the cookie sheets, using a bit of butter on your fingers to avoid sticking, shape into a wreath shape. Continue working quickly until pan is complete then add 1 red candy to each wreath before they harden.
- Place in freezer to harden before removing and storing. Keep in freezer until ready to serve.
Red and green definitely remind me of Christmas, although silver and blue does too! I think this looks like such a fun and yummy recipe! I hope to try it soon.
This is a great idea, it would look so pretty on a Christmas plate