Freezer Pizza Bun Mix
January is the coldest month here on the prairies and there’s nothing I want more than spending relaxed weekends snuggled up by the fire with my kids. For these times, I like to have something easy to pop in the oven for a quick lunch; these Freezer Pizza Buns are perfect for those such days.
This recipe is handy to have stored in the freezer for a small or large number of people. Just scoop out what you need from the freezer for the number of buns you will be making, let the mix thaw slightly on the counter before baking and enjoy.
For another easy recipe, check out my Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Bake with apples and pecans recipe.
If you like this recipe, let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For a walkthrough of the recipe, take a look at this quick 55 second video.
- 1 can pork (Spam)
- 1 lb of cooked bacon, cut into bits
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mash up the canned pork.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Slice desired number of buns in half and spread pizza bun mix generously on top of each half.
- Place prepared buns on a baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and the bun edges are browned and crispy.
- Serve warm.
- Place remaining pizza bun mix in a container and freeze for up to 3 months. When desired, scoop desired amount of frozen mix out of the container with an ice cream scoop and cook as instructed above.