Chicken Butternut Squash Vegetable Soup
After I had my older three children I fitness and healthy eating were an active part of my life. I’m not sure when exactly it happened that I replaced that lifestyle with indulgence but it happened, as it often does with those who have small children at home. I decided this year is my year to get fit and to make it my lifestyle again.
Don’t be mistaken, I am still sharing my love of baking and deliciousness here on the blog but I will also be sharing healthier versions for those who’d like those options. Homemade soups make me feel all cozy in the winter months; this Chicken Butternut Squash Vegetable Soup has all the flavours to warm your belly with all the healthy aspects to fit on your meal plan, 21 Day Fix Approved!
1 cup = 1 green of vegetables (21 day fix container)
1/2 cup = 1 red of protein (21 day fix container)
For more information about the 21 day fix, check out my page or contact me.
If you like this recipe, let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- 2 - 1 litre cartons of chicken broth (low sodium, if possible)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup cauliflower, bite site
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a large soup pot, fry onion and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent, do not burn.
- Add chicken broth and remaining ingredients, EXCEPT spinach, stir and bring to a rolling boil. Reduce temperature and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add spinach stir until wilted and serve hot. 2 ladle scoops of veggies to a bowl with added juice equals 1 serving of vegetables and ½ serving of protein.