Halloween is nearly here but we’re still celebrating all the things I love about fall, cooler weather, fall colours and pumpkin flavours, like this Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe.
I like to continue my love for pumpkin puree through the holidays and this recipe does not disappoint. The no-bake cheesecake topping compliments a chocolate brownie bottom; it’s sweet but not too rich like baked cheesecakes can sometimes be. Drizzled with melted chocolate over the top for the added visual touch and hardened chocolate bits in every bite.
Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake: Serving
Served this Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe out of the freezer for a ice cream cake consistency; just leave out for 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting to serve. If you are a fan of the fudge layer in a store bought ice cream cake, you’ll love this brownie layer with cheesecake top even better. I bet you can’t stop at just one piece…this is the no judgement zone.
Beginning today through to the new year I will be sharing several delicious dessert and meal recipes to help you entertain guests and family through the holidays in my Holiday Entertaining Guide. Make sure you check back for new recipes.
Other Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipes:
If you like this recipe, let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Brownie base...
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Cheesecake top...
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Drizzle Chocolate for Garnish
- BROWNIE base...
- In a mixer, mix sugar, butter and water.
- Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa and baking powder in a medium bowl and stir into butter mixture.
- Spread into a greased 10" round cake spring pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F. oven for 30 minutes or until wood toothpick inserted into the centre comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool completely.
- Cheesecake topping...
- Place the softened block of cream cheese in the mixer with the powdered sugar and pumpkin pure, whip until creamy and blended. Add 1 cup of prepared whipped cream into the mixture and fold in with a spatula until mixed.
- Remove the frozen pan of brownie base from the freezer and pour cheesecake filling onto the top. Place into the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and remove the spring pan. Garnish with melted chocolate.
- Cut into slices and serve cold. If you let sit at room temperature for too long, the cheesecake with become soft.