Avocado Devilled Eggs Appetizer
So many holidays start with a good selection of appetizers; after-all it seems food brings everyone together to bring back and make new memories with friends and family. For us, every holiday includes the classic Devilled Egg but this year I wanted to make them a little more festive for the holiday season with these delicious Avocado Devilled Eggs that are packed full of flavour and presentation.
Avocado Devilled Eggs Flavour
Most often I see Devilled Eggs sliced in half but I wanted to present something a little different for the upcoming holidays and decided on this mini tree version with a green hue . They will melt in your mouth with a interesting smoked paprika flavour as an elegant pre-dinner appetizer.
In the past, my grandmother has always brought her devilled eggs to our family gatherings and there isn’t a devilled egg like hers. Maybe it’s just the thought that she has her personal touch in the food she brings but whatever the reason, devilled eggs bring back holiday memories. Now that my grandparents join us for Christmas every year, I’ve continued on the tradition with these Avocado Devilled Eggs and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
If you like this recipe, let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d also love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Holiday Entertaining Guide
Through to the new year I will be sharing several delicious dessert and meal (or appetizer) recipes to help you entertain guests and family through the holidays in my Holiday Entertaining Guide. This recipe is part of the Holiday guide; make sure you check back for other new delicious recipes.
Other Devilled Eggs Recipes
- 6 large eggs, hardboiled and cooled
- ½ avocado, pitted and peeled
- ⅛ tsp garlic
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 dashes tabasco
- Smoked Paprika
- Pea shoots for garnish
- Cut tops and bottoms off eggs and remove the yolk gently, placing yolks in a small bowl; repeat for all eggs.
- In the small bowl with yolks, add all ingredients except paprika and pea shoots; smash and mix well.
- Fill a piping bag with yolk mixture and pipe into eggs standing upright on the serving plate until you pipe enough to resemble a tree. Repeat for all eggs; you may have some yolk mixture leftover.
- Sprinkle each egg with smoked paprika and add the top off a pea shoot into each egg yolk for garnish, as seen in the picture.