Cherry White Chocolate Popcorn Balls
Yesterday I had the Christmas music playing while I danced around the kitchen making various holiday treats for upcoming company and gifts. There is something about holiday music, Christmas baking and these festive Cherry Chocolate Popcorn Balls that puts me right in the mood for the holiday season and I know I’m not the only one who appreciates this.
Cherry White Chocolate Popcorn Balls – Flavour
These are super easy to make, with a pop of colour for the festive season and sure to hit that sweet tooth. Sprinkled with Cherry candy canes through a white chocolate marshmallow filled popcorn ball is always a hit with the kids but even the adults love these.
If my family hadn’t eaten most of them then I may also be giving some away as gifts but I suppose making another batch isn’t a bad idea anyway.
Cherry White Chocolate Popcorn Balls – Gifting
I used coloured straws as sticks to make them extra pretty which makes it perfect for gift giving; wrap in cellophane and seal with a Christmas gift tag for a cute and tasty gifted treat. Or if you prefer, leave out the sticks for easier storage.
These can be frozen for later gatherings, just let them sit out at room temperature before serving.
Like this recipe? Let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d also love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Holiday Entertaining Guide
Through to the new year I will be sharing several delicious dessert and meal (or appetizer) recipes to help you entertain guests and family through the holidays in my Holiday Entertaining Guide. This recipe is part of the Holiday guide; make sure you check back for other new delicious recipes.
- 10 cups popped popcorn, no seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 package 10 oz/283g of large marshmallows
- ½ cup butter
- 1 package/225g white chocolate chips
- 6 cherry candy canes, crushed
- In a large dutch oven pot, melt the butter and chocolate chips on low to medium heat, stirring until completely smooth and melted.
- Add vanilla and marshmallows, coat with butter mixture and continue melting until marshmallows are smooth and mixed.
- Add popcorn and stir to coat evenly before adding the crushed candy canes; stir until evenly mixed.
- Smear a coat of butter onto your hands and form popcorn into 3" balls; place on wax paper until cooled.
- Store wrapped in plastic wrap in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or freeze for later.
Other Christmas Ball Recipes
White Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
Pingback: Nanaimo Balls #HolidayEntertaining2016 | The Bewitchin' Kitchen
Pingback: White Chocolate Peppermint Truffles - Sober Julie
Ooh…those candy cane popcorn balls on a stick are adorable. I am going to try them out! I thnk that my son will really like them!!
I used to make popcorn balls when I was a kid, all of the time! These look really good! Thanks for the recipe!