Easy Salisbury Steak
Weekday meals are sometimes the hardest, not because they are hard to make but because we tend to run out of ideas for quick easy meals. This easy Salisbury Steak is not only delicious but ready in under 30 minutes.
Easy Salisbury Steak Flavour
Beef smothered in mushrooms and gravy over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes…I’m drooling. When you come home from a long cold day and need that home cooked meal that sticks to your bones, this is the comfort food you’re looking for.
Memories come flooding back from my childhood with this meal; my shift-working parents often made easy meals like this just in time to high-five my other parent as they ran off to work. A hot delicious meal was something we could rely on during busy weekdays.
Now that I have kids of my own running between sports and school, this easy Salisbury Steak makes it to the table now again.
Like this recipe? Let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d also love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Hamburger Patties:
- 1½ lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 6-oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1½ cup beef broth
- 1 package of brown gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Form patties about ½ inch thick.
- Fry patties on both sides until cooked through.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together broth, mushrooms, onion, brown gravy mix, and ketchup and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, continuing to stir, for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour gravy over patties and serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.