Chocolate Chip Banana Loaf with Walnuts
I can’t count the number of bananas we go through in a month; our family loves them but occasionally we have just enough over-ripened bananas to make grandmas chocolate chip banana loaf. Fresh out of the oven slathered in melted butter is the only way to have this bread and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
In my world bread is a meal; I love bread. All the bread.
This banana loaf can be made with or without the walnuts and chocolate chips, if preferred, but I personally think that’s a mistake because the depth of deliciousness brought out by the added ingredients. Chocolate Chip Banana Loaf is a classic treat to have on hand for company, serve with coffee or just enjoy as a tasty snack in between meals.
To keep this bread from drying out, make sure to keep the loaf wrapped in parchment to preserve moisture for up to 3 days.
Like this recipe? Let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d also love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ chopped walnuts
- 1½ cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl place dry ingredients and add butter, blend until crumbly.
- Fold in beaten eggs, mashed bananas, walnuts and chocolate chips until mixed.
- Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray, pour batter into the pan and place into the oven for 1 hour, or until the loaf is a golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
I am going to make this for my family, thank you
I am going to make this…..after Christmas! lol It sounds delicious!