Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps
During the holidays I tend to have a few go-to recipes that I make every year and crab stuffed mushroom caps is definitely on the list of favourite appetizers. Sink your teeth into one of these juicy cheese filled mushroom caps and I guarantee these will be your preferred appetizers as well.
Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps are easy to make with a few ingredients and this recipe makes up to 50 so you will make enough for a gathering in no time. If you don’t need so many, cut the recipe in half or freeze the filling for later.
The added broccoli and double dose of cheese make these mushroom caps even more delicious but it’s the cayenne pepper that gives it a special kick to the palette. If you prefer to avoid the spice, just omit the cayenne pepper and the recipe is just as delicious.
After you’ve mixed together the filling, a generous dollop can be stuffed into the mushroom caps ready for the oven. I bet you won’t be able to eat just one.
Like this recipe? Let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d also love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 - 6.5 oz can of crab meat
- ¼ cup broccoli, finely chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 50 medium mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients, except the mushrooms, together and mix well.
- Fill each mushroom cap with about a tablespoon of the filling, enough to overfill the cap and place on a parchment lined baking pan. Repeat until all have been filled.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.