Stuffed Turkey Roll with Cranberry Sauce Vitamix Recipe
‘Tis the season for turkey and all the fillings and this recipe is just what you need. Stuffed Turkey Roll with Cranberry Sauce is a really easy recipe that will pack a punch both in taste and presentation.
Stuffed Turkey Roll – Process
There’s no need to spend time prepping ingredients, just throw everything raw straight into the Vitamix 7500, blend all at once and voila, stuffing! Okay, you do need to spread that beautiful all-the-fixings stuffing over the tenderized turkey meat slices, roll and secure but that process is quick.
If preferred, you can serve each guest their own roll on either a bed of cranberry sauce or drizzled over the top. I prefer mine sliced with the sauce over the top for presentation purposes; one look at all those pretty colours and it has me feeling the holiday spirit.
*You can prep this part ahead and freeze to cook on the big day; just make your cranberry sauce before serving. You can sear the rolls slightly thawed before cooking in the oven at the suggested temperature; you will have to cook longer, approximately 1 hr and 20 mins. As ovens may vary, test the inside temperature to reach 165 degrees F. for breast and stuffing.
*If you want to use dried herbs, the recipe includes instructions in the notes.
Stuffed Turkey Roll – Flavour
This stuffed turkey roll is stuffed with what I like to call the works, stuffed with all the fixings one normally has as Christmas meal sides for meal perfection. Once you bite into this, you will experience an explosion of flavours that can only be described as a holiday meal in a bite.
Serve with a side salad, like this gorgeous Raspberry Pomegranate Salad with Creamy Poppyseed Dressing, for an appealing and delicious meal great for any all special occasions, or just because you deserve a tasty and stunning meal.
Vitamix 7500 – Favourite Features
- Easy cleanup – I love that you can throw all ingredients into the Vitamix, blend in seconds to minutes, depending on the recipe, and the cleanup is minimal. Just rinse, fill the Vitamix jug to half of warm water, add a couple drops of dish soap and, with the lid on, turn the machine slowly up to clean in 60 seconds. Rinse and done.
- Flavours – Fully blended herbs bring out the rich and diverse levels of the recipes.
- Steaming Feature – This Vitamix can be turned up to 8 and in 4-5 minutes you will have steaming recipes such as creamy bacon and potato soup from scratch.
- Tamper Accessory – A tamper is is included to push down thicker ingredients into the blades without taking the lid off; this is a much quicker tool to use for recipes with hard ingredients.
For a quick one minute tutorial, follow me on YouTube and check out the recipe video:
Like this recipe? Let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d also love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- 2 turkey breasts, skin and debone
- ⅓ cup cranberries
- 1 medium sweet potato
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1½ cups coarse bread crumbs
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 2 sage leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cranberry Sauce...
- 2 cups cranberries
- ½ cup honey
- 2 mandarin oranges
- In the blender, puree ⅓ cup cranberries, potato, bread crumbs, herbs, salt, pepper and oil until completely blended. You will have to use the tamper tool on the Vitamix to push down the ingredients and use the pulsing button. Scoop paste into a bowl and set aside.
- Skin and debone the turkey breasts. Slice turkey breast into ¼" layers and using a meat tenderizing hammer, tenderize into a thinner layer easier for filling and rolling.
- Lay each piece of tenderized turkey meat flat and spread a generous layer of sweet potato paste over the meat, roll lengthwise into a log an secure in place with bakers twine. If you don't have that on hand, you can use toothpicks to secure.
- In a frying pan, place 1 tbsp cooking oil and preheat the pan to medium-high heat. Sear each turkey roll on each side in the hot pan. Once seared, place onto a parchment lined baking tray and place into the oven for 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- For the cranberry sauce...In the cleaned blender, place cranberries, honey and oranges and blend until pureed. In the Vitamix, turn on the machine and the dial slowly up to about 8 and blend until you see steam coming out the top. This will mean it's heated and ready for pouring. This step takes less than 5 minutes so wait until the turkey is almost done before making the sauce and drizzle over turkey rolls before serving hot. You can either pour a bed of sauce and slice the turkey rolls to lay over or keep the rolls whole for serving.
Enter to WIN a Vitamix
It’s easy to enter, just fill out the form. Closes at midnight at Jan 8. Open to Canada & US residents, 18+.
Other Vitamix Recipes
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All Opinions are 100% my own. Recipe is copyrighted by Stacey Martin of This Lil Piglet.