Easy Baked Garlic Paprika Chicken
As back to school and fall weather settle in here on the Canadian prairies, my weekdays are getting busier and my meal times more challenging. With activities a minimum of 3 times per week, sitting down together as a family to a homemade meal each day remains top priority. Easy throw-together meals are a staple on activity days and this Baked Garlic Paprika Chicken is the perfect comfort food to come home to.
Paprika Chicken is a regular recipe around our place because not only is it super easy to assemble, it’s a delicious blend of flavours that fill you with warmth. Just pair over a bed of long grain rice or pasta and a drizzle of the creamy sauce for a full meal to satisfy those hungry bellies after a long day.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Chicken Farmers of Canada. All images and recipe within are the property of Stacey Martin of This Lil Piglet and all opinions are 100% my own.
While shopping for my ingredients, I choose the freshest ingredients. Specifically for chicken, I look for the Raised by a Canadian Farmer logo which tells me that the chicken is raised in Canada by farmers dedicated to producing unmatched quality chicken that meets the highest nutrient, food safety and animal care standards.
Chicken Farmers of Canada is an association of over 2700 chicken farmers in Canada who are dedicated to raising the high quality chicken we all know and love. With its 3 pillars (import controls, production planning and producer pricing), the supply management system for chicken continues to evolve to meet the changing demands of the Canadian marketplace while keeping it open to a predictable level of imported chicken as well. These behind the scenes safety measure to ensure you purchase poultry for your family table.
You can read more about Canadian Raised Chicken on the ChickenFarmers.ca website, understanding the Supply Chain will relieve any concerns you may have.
Paprika Chicken Assembly
This recipe is easy to prepare with only a few ingredients. Make sure to use the free grocery Shopping App to make your life easier on your next trip to the grocery store.
The recipe calls for 4 large chicken breasts but you could put up to 6 in the dish. Assemble the ingredients into a medium baking dish, big enough to hold the chicken breasts without leaving too much space around the sides. The key to this sauce is to make sure you don’t skip whisking the butter with flour, then adding the cream before whisking in more flour. This will leave the consistency smooth and creamy and allow the sauce to thicken properly while cooking.
You could easily assemble this within about 10-15 minutes, pop it in the oven for the 45 minutes while you head out to kids activities, or use an auto-shutoff timer for those with that capability on their ovens. You’ll arrive home to delicious baked paprika chicken, cook up rice in 15 minutes and serve warm.
For a quick and easy video tutorial, watch the video below. Don’t forget to follow me on YouTube for more tutorials.
For more delicious chicken recipes, check out Chicken Farmers of Canada recipes and follow on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
FOLLOW FOR MORE
If you like this recipe, let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Please check out my other recipes and I’d love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Try these other easy chicken recipes:
- Skillet Chicken with Apples and Root Vegetables
- Easy Parmesan Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes
- Chicken and Bean Casserole
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Copycat Bonanza Chicken Monterey
- Crock Pot Chicken Lime Chili
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup parsley (1 tsp dried)
- 1¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup mushroom pieces
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk 2 tbsp melted butter, 1 tsp salt and 2 tbsp(about out of the ¼ cup flour) until smooth, add one cup whipping cream to the mixture, whisking as you add to avoid lumps. add the remaining whipping cream and flour and whisk by hand about 3 minutes.
- Coat a baking dish with the remaining 1 tbsp of melted butter, place your chicken breasts in the dish and coat with remaining ¼ tsp salt, pepper, onion, mushrooms, garlic and remaining 2 tbsp flour.
- Pour cream mixture over the chicken breasts and sprinkle paprika and parsley evenly over the top.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes at 400 degrees F, slightly longer if the top hasn't browned and the sauce isn't thickened enough.
- Serve chicken over pasta or rice with sauce spooned over the top. Add fresh parsley for garnish, if you like and serve.