Bacon Cheeseburger Jalapeño Popper Dip
I can barely contain myself with this recipe. I should be telling you how perfect this appetizer is and how much guests will love it. Truth. Instead, I am feeling a little gluttonous after eating far more than a fair serving of this Bacon Cheeseburger Jalapeño Popper Dip. If you are looking for a calorie-wise appetizer, this is not it but it is amazing and your guests will love it.
Jalapeño Popper Dip – Hold the Heat
You can make this Bacon Cheeseburger Jalapeño Popper Dip as spicy or mild as you like. Personally, I used a mild taco seasoning and felt the combination of spice, jalapeño’s and chilies was a nice amount of kick for the dip. After-all, you are likely making it for a crowd and not everyone is a fan of foods so hot they make your eyes water.
Either way you like it, Jalapeño Popper Dip is a warm cheese filled pot of delicious that will be hard to stop digging into once you start.
In less than 30 minutes and only a few ingredients, you’ll have an appetizer ready to feed hungry guests. You’re welcome.
*Serve in a slow cooker or on a warming plate to keep warm with your favourite crackers or tortilla chips.
If you like this recipe, let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d also love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
HOLIDAY ENTERTAINING GUIDE
Through to the new year I will be sharing several delicious appetizer, meal and dessert recipes to help you entertain guests and family through the holidays in my Holiday Entertaining Guide. This recipe is part of the Holiday guide; make sure you check back for other new delicious recipes.
For more delicious appetizers, check out these great recipes:
- 1 lb lean ground hamburger
- 4 cups grated medium cheddar cheese
- 1 block of cream cheese
- 1 (114ml) can of diced green chilies
- 1 (398ml) can of diced tomato's
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp minced Jalapeño (deveined & seeds removed)
- ½ cup real bacon bits
- 1 (24g) package taco seasoning
- In a skillet, cook the hamburger until browned and cooked through. Drain off the grease.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except taco seasoning) turn to medium-low heat until the cheese is melted, stirring in taco seasoning until blended. Bring to a rolling boil and then turn down to simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm with taco chips or crackers. You can put this in a warmer to keep warm.