Easy weekend brunch ideas are my go-to, especially during the holiday season with a big family to entertain. Chicken Sausage Lazy Breakfast Casserole will satisfy large appetites like comfort food does best.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Maple Lodge Farms. All opinions, content and imagery are 100% my own.
Lazy Breakfast Casserole Made Easy
A crispy cheesy topping, warm and creamy potatoes and smoked chicken sausage offer the memories of comfort food everyone loves to experience during the holidays.
Chicken Sausage Lazy Breakfast Casserole is perfect for Christmas morning breakfast; prepare it the day before and pop it in the oven before the family wakes up for a delicious meal ready when the morning festive chaos is wrapped up.
*Prepare ahead and freeze for a freezer-ready meal. Just make sure to leave the cornflakes off the top until right before popping it into the oven and thaw before cooking.
With the smell of this casserole baking in the oven wafting through the house, the taste and texture upon your first bite on Christmas morning and the memories of family togetherness, this Chicken Sausage Lazy Breakfast Casserole will be requested year to year.
Maple Lodge Farms Smokies Fully Cooked Smoked Chicken Sausages are made with 100% chicken with 30% less fat than pork.
From deli to frozen and fresh from the farm chicken products, Maple Lodge Farms is inspired by their family farming roots and committed to providing quality chicken raised on Ontario family farms.
If you like this recipe, let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d also love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
HOLIDAY ENTERTAINING GUIDE
Through to the new year I will be sharing several delicious appetizer, meal and dessert recipes to help you entertain guests and family through the holidays in my Holiday Entertaining Guide. This recipe is part of the Holiday guide; make sure you check back for other new delicious recipes.
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 lbs frozen hashbrowns
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into small chunks
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into small chunks
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 package Maple Lodge Farms Smokies Chicken Sausages, sliced into ¼" slices
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup corn flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the butter into a 9X13" baking dish and place into the oven until melted.
- While the butter is melting, mix together hashbrowns, peppers, onion, chicken sausage in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together mushroom soup, sour cream and salt. Pour over the hashbrown mixture and mix well.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, roll the butter around until the dish is well coated.
- Scoop the hashbrown mixture into the buttered baking dish, press down evenly. Spread cheddar cheese over the top and cornflakes on top of the cheese.
- Cook covered for 50 minutes, remove cover and continue cooking 10 minutes or until the top is browned. Serve hot.