Oven Baked Ranch Crispy Chicken Thighs
From lunch box meals to weekday dinners, chicken is a staple ingredient in our home; it’s versatile, delicious and easy to cook. These Backed Ranch Crispy Chicken Thighs are flavour packed, budget friendly and can be adjusted to serve small or large crowds of hungry mouths.
Crispy Chicken Thighs – It’s GOOD for you!
I personally love the thigh meat and think it’s underrated as a go-to cut of chicken. As a large family, meat can get expensive, especially when looking for convenience. Bone-in and skin-on chicken is more inexpensive, offers a juicier cooked result and is often overlooked.
Although crispy chicken thighs are a darker meat, people assume it’s not as good for you but it is in fact higher in iron, zinc and other beneficial nutrients and minerals than white cuts of chicken and not much higher in fat that one would think. Everything in moderation.
*Tip: Cook your chicken with skin-on to lock in flavour on juice and for a healthier chicken just remove and toss the skin before consuming.
Crispy Chicken Thighs – Flavourlicious
Crispy Chicken Thighs have a crispy exterior seasoned with a delicious compliment of ranch, garlic and Italian with a juicy pull off the bone inside. The skin itself is so packed with delicious flavour it’ll be hard to say no to seconds and soon to become your favourite cut of chicken.
FOLLOW FOR MORE
If you like this recipe, let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Please check out my other recipes and I’d love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Try these other chicken recipes:
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Thyme and Peach Glaze
- Easy Baked Garlic Paprika Chicken
- Skillet Chicken with Apples & Root Vegetables
- Easy Parmesan Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes
- Chicken and Green Bean Bake
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 6-8 chicken thighs (bone in/skin on)
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing (powder)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove thawed chicken from packaging, rinse with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the chicken on lined baking sheet, brush with olive oil over the thighs.
- In a small bowl, mix together all seasonings/herbs. Sprinkle generously over each chicken thigh, leaving some to sprinkle over again near the end of cook time.
- Bake chicken in oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown, remove from oven and sprinkle a small amount of seasoning over the chicken and place back into the oven for another 10 mins until crusted (not burned) or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Serve with your favourite side or a over a bed of rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 547 Total Fat: 42.01g Saturated Fat: 10.838g Trans Fat: 0.194g Cholesterol: 221mg Carbohydrates: 2.64g Fiber: 0.6g Sugar: 0.13g Protein: 37.58g