No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Mousse Cups
Summer sunshine, warmer weather and beautiful flora and fauna everywhere makes me so happy that summer days are right around the corner. Lemon has to be one of my favourite summer dessert flavours so when I think of entertaining, these No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Mousse Cups are top of the list for backyard gatherings.
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Mousse Cups – Sunshine in a Cup
Lemon Cheesecake Mousse Cups have a cool smooth, light and creamy texture; just prepare this quick and easy dessert ahead for a flavourful and refreshing end to any dinner plans.
These easy to make individual desserts are a favourite by guests at summer gatherings. I used Weck Tulip Jars to hold these stunning summer desserts; just add Gold Spoons and a lemon slice to the raspberries and mint for a bright and summery presentation guests will love.
FOLLOW FOR MORE
If you like this lemon cheesecake mousse recipe, let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Please check out my other recipes and I’d love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Mousse
- ¾ cup crushed graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 large whole eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 2½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1½ tablespoons water
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 10 oz lemon curd (recipe below)
- whipped cream, for garnish
- 1½ tsp unflavored gelatin powder
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together graham cracker crumbs and sugar, then add butter and stir until evenly moistened. Divide mixture among 12 dessert cups and lightly press into an even layer, set aside.
- Whip heavy cream in a medium mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Add in 1/3 cup of the powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Pour lemon juice and water into a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over top and let rest 5 minutes.
- Lemon Curd: In a medium-sized heat-proof bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and eggs until creamy. Stir in lemon juice and zest and cook over a saucepan with an inch of water at a simmer, whisking frequently, until curd is thick and creamy, about 6-8 minutes. Strain curd through a sieve to remove any small bits of zest, then cover and chill for one hour. Use within one week.
- Meanwhile, in a separate large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add the lemon curd and remaining 2/3 cup powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Heat rested gelatin mixture in the microwave on high power for 30 seconds. Whisk for 1 minute to thoroughly dissolve gelatin, then let cool for no more than 2 minutes. Begin mixing cream cheese mixture then slowly pour in gelatin mixture and blend until thoroughly combined. Gently fold 1/3 of the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture then add remaining whipped cream and gently fold until combined. Spoon mixture into dessert cups over the graham cracker layer. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours to set. Garnish as desired. Serve cold.