Strawberry Streusel Muffins
Fall weather is upon us and it has been unusually cold this September but with the hustle and bustle of back to school and work, I have been craving deliciously filling on-the-go snacks. A fresh batch of these Strawberry Streusel Muffins will satisfy your sweet tooth and give you all the feels; after all, bread is what I think of most in my moments seeking comfort food.
Strawberry Streusel Muffins – The Topping
Crumble topping on muffins is everything. Okay, I still love other muffins but the streusel on these is just the right amount of sugary sweet with the tart of the dried strawberries to add depth and texture to a moist cupcake.
When I think of these muffins, I think of the baking version of a Strawberry Shortcake ice cream bar that I used to love so much as a kid. Maybe, just maybe, these Strawberry Streusel Muffins aren’t quite the same but they are a great alternative and make for an excellent snack in the lunch box, after school or morning treat with your coffee.
Grab a bag of freeze dried strawberries, put your apron on and turn up that oven for a batch of Strawberry Streusel Muffins that can be made anytime of year. You family will love these and your stomach will thank me.
FOLLOW FOR MORE
If you like this recipe, let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Please check out my other recipes and I’d love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Try these other baking recipes:
- Honey Blueberry Muffins
- Pineapple Zucchini Crumble Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Loaf with Walnuts
- Monster Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Easy Almond Cookies
- Apple Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Drizzle
- 1/3 cup each brown sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 12 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cups flour, divided
- Kosher salt
- One-ounce package freeze dried strawberries, pulverized in the food processor
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves/jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees; line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Make the streusel: Melt 8 tablespoons of butter in a large heatproof bowl. Add 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 1 1/2 cups flour, a pinch of kosher salt and 3 tablespoons of pulverized strawberries (reserve the remainder for sprinkling at the end). Mix gently but thoroughly and spread out onto your prepared baking sheet to dry.
- Make the muffins: Beat the remaining 4 tablespoons butter and 1/2 cup granulated sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the remaining 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt and beat till just combined.
- Scoop the batter into your muffin tins, filling halfway. Drop one teaspoon of preserves into each and the top with the remaining batter. Sprinkle with the streusel and bake for 20 minutes, or till a toothpick tests clean. Cool muffins in the tin on a wire rack until cool, then sprinkle with reserved strawberries prior to serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331 Total Fat: 13.05g Saturated Fat: 7.888g Trans Fat: 0.465g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 204mg Carbohydrates: 47.66g Fiber: 1.8g Sugar: 12.99g Protein: 5.82g