Christmas Baking: Iced Cherry Squares
Searching for easy and delicious dessert recipes to make up baking trays? These Iced Cherry Squares are the perfect Christmas baking treat. This recipe freezes well so you can make a few batches up ahead and freeze for gift giving or a treat to sneak at your next craving.
With only a few ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these in no time. Iced Cherry Squares are very easy to make, look festive, and are adored by everyone who has had a taste. Even my worst critic, my husband who is not a coconut or cherry fan, LOVES these.
Iced Cherry Squares would also make a festive addition to Valentine’s Day for your sweetheart.
Iced Cherry Squares Christmas Baking – Taste and Texture
With a baked crust, sweet and chewy texture of the coconut, cherry icing; these Iced Christmas Suqares are a must for your Christmas Baking list. One will be enough but I won’t tell if you won’t.
These Iced Cherry Squares are a family tradition. I remember my mom making them every Christmas as part of her baking trays and they were always the first I snatched off the tray. Now, I make them with my own family.
For a visual, watch my recipe:
FOLLOW FOR MORE
If you like this holiday recipe, let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Check out my other recipes and pin for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Try these other holiday recipes from my family favourite recipe box:
- VANILLA HOLIDAY CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING
- CHEWY AMARETTI HOLIDAY COOKIES
- WHIPPED SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- CHERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE POPCORN BALLS
- NO-BAKE NANAIMO BARS
- PECAN BUTTER TART SHORTBREAD BARS
- CHEWY GINGERSNAP COOKIES
- PEANUT BUTTER SHORTBREAD TOFFEE BITES
- HOLIDAY WREATH COOKIES
- SANTA’S WHISKERS COOKIES
- GRINCH SUGAR COOKIES
- MISTLETOE COCKTAIL
- 1 1/2 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar (icing sugar)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 cup diced maraschino cherries, squeeze out excess liquid
- In a small bowl mix graham crumbs, brown sugar, salt and melted butter well and press into the bottom of an ungreased square baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 F.
- Mix together condensed milk and coconut and spread over the baked graham wafer base. Bake at 350 F. for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and spread over the top of the cooled coconut layer.
- Slice into 4 sections to make 16 squares and add to any baking platter for added colour.