Life Factory Baby Bottle Teether Review and Giveaway CLOSED
At first my baby girl did not take to the type of nipple used with this glass bottle, simply because she was used to the breast. About a month ago my baby girl discontinued nursing and started on formula, for several reasons. Since she turned 6 months and starting on baby foods, she has become constipated on occasion therefore I have had to give her dilluted pear juice to get things moving again. I specifically use this bottle for juice because it`s a smaller size and with the nubby`s on the silicone sleeve she can hold it herself to drink, although getting her hands to `work` is still a work in progress, she has easier gripping with the holes in the silicone sleeve.
When baby girl started teething I offered her this teether and she loved it; in fact it has become her favorite toy so far. Being silicone it is bendable and nicer on her delicate gums with the variety of different nubs. She munches on this teether nonstop. What`s great about this teether is that you can pop it in the freezer to cool but not so cold baby can`t hold it, which helps to numb her gums when they are really bothering her. Another time-saving wonderful feature is that both of these products can be placed in the dishwasher for easy cleaning and sterilizing; what mom wouldn`t LOVE that!
The fact that these products are reusable and environment friendly is another positive feature; we as parents should do more to ensure a healthy planet for our children. If you`re worried about the glass breaking, don`t be. Life Factory provides a silicone sleeve to protect all of their chemical-free glass bottles, baby, child or adult size.
About the Company
At Lifefactory we call ourselves safe.simple.smart. Our environmentally friendly and health conscious products were created to provide consumers a choice in safe and well designed essentials for babies and adults. Lifefactory was started in 2007 by a pediatric feeding specialist, Pam Marcus, and an integrative designer, Daren Joy and is now a leading innovator in safe and developmentally appropriate juvenile products. Lifefactory launched with BPA-free glass baby bottles with patent pending silicone sleeves and is now the first company to introduce a collection of BPA-free reusable glass beverage bottles with patent pending silicone sleeves for adults.
Lifefactory fuses modern sensibility, eco-friendly composition, and exceptional utility to produce glass baby bottles, glass beverage bottles, and teethers that are free of known harmful chemicals including BPA, phthalates, and PVC.
What are the benefits of glass? Why should I buy a glass bottle over a plastic or metal one?
Glass has been a trusted material for centuries. It is one of the greenest materials on the planet and is 100% recyclable. And it is safe: You don’t have to worry about BPA, lead, or other chemicals that can leach into liquids from plastic bottles. Moreover, water and beverages will taste better coming out of a glass bottle because glass is taste neutral–no unpleasant plastic or metallic taste.
Those are the benefits to you. But using a Lifefactory reusable glass bottle also benefits the environment. Bottled water creates enormous quantities of waste. You’ll save money and Earth’s resources if you don’t buy bottled water.
Why do Lifefactory bottles have a silicone sleeve?
Our patent-pending silicone sleeves were designed not only to look stylish but also to protect the bottles and help prevent them from breaking. The material and design combine to improve the bottle’s tactile quality and grip, which prevents bottles from becoming slick with condensation (or sweat, for athletes) and reduces the potential for breakage.
Q: Do you need to take the sleeve off to wash a Lifefactory bottle?
A: No, you can leave the sleeve on the bottle and wash the whole thing in the dishwasher. If you wish to remove the sleeve, it comes off best in warm, soapy water.
• BPA, phthalate, PVC, and latex free.
• Can be worn as a bracelet so it is always close by.
• Can be refrigerated or frozen to soothe aching gums.
• Various ribs and nubs are fun for baby to explore and help to develop oral motor skills.
• Soft, lightweight and easy for little fingers to hold.
• Dishwasher safe.
• Made in the USA of medical grade silicone
• Designed to grow with your child. The included clear cover can also serve as an easy to hold cup. Twist on the solid cap (sold separately) and use your bottles for storing juice or snacks. Perfect for a lunchbox or traveling.
• Bright colored silicone sleeve (patent pending) helps to protect the bottle from breakage and provides a great gripping surface and tactile experience during feeding
• Bottle and sleeve can be boiled or put in the dishwasher together. Can also go in the freezer, making breast milk storage simple.
• Bisphenol-A (BPA), phthalate, and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) free
• Silicone sleeve is non-toxic and free of plastics
• Silicone nipple is non-toxic and latex-free
• Plastic ring, plug and cap are FDA approved
• Made from borosilicate glass and therefore are thermal shock resistant allowing them to go from freezer to boiling water
Buy It: Purchase your very own Life Factory Bottle or Teether from http://www.lifefactory.com/ now.
1. Subscribe to our mailing list via email located on the right sidebar of this page. (2 entries/2 comments required)
2. Follow our RSS blog feed (1 entry/1 comment required)
3. Become a Fan of This Lil Piglet on Facebook (1 entry/1 comment required)
4. Blog about this giveaway with a link to this review and giveaway and post the link in your comment to where I can find your blog post. (1 entry/1 comment required)
5. Enter another giveaway on this blog (total 1 entry/1 comments required for each giveaway entered)
6. Follow This Lil Piglet on Twitter (1 entry/1 comment required) AND Copy, Paste Tweet this out on Twitter; must be exactly as stated between quotes ” Enter to #win a Life Factory Enviro-friendly Chemical-free #Baby Bottle & Silicone Teether from @thislilpiglet http://ow.ly/3oAuX #infant ” (Tweeting this on Twitter up to ONCE PER DAY will gain you 1 entry/1 comment required PER DAY for each day of the contest)
7. Add my Review and Giveaway button to your website or blog sidebar, using the HTML code in the left sidebar of this blog and post the link where I can check. (3 entries/3 comments required)
**Giveaway ends 11:59 pm CST on December 20th, 2010. Open to US and Canada!**
Rules of the giveaway:
*Each comment counts as 1 entry so if it says 2 entries you must comment 2 times (for example, Comment #1 would read: “I subscribed to your mailing list #1”, Comment #2 would read: “I subscribed to your mailing list #2”. I will check so please make sure before commenting below otherwise your entry will be disqualified. Enter once or more; other than the Twitter tweet entry (once per day) you can enter a maximum of once per entry details specified. You must leave a comment below to enter the contest; the winner will be chosen using random.org from the comments below only.
*For shipping reasons, please include your email address so I can contact you if you are the winner. To avoid spammers, type your email like this: blog (at) thislilpiglet (dot) com Shipping charges associated with the giveaway will be paid for by the company.