DIY Blogger to WordPress Transfer While Keeping Your GPR
If you are ready to make the move to WordPress, this is the guide you need! It outlines the exact steps to rewrite your permalinks, retain your back-links for SEO, keep your blog readers, and redirect your domain name.
Are you ready to make the move?
Many people start their blogs on Blogger – it’s convenient, it’s free and it’s easy to use. It’s a perfect option to get your feet wet on the Internet.
However, if you’re running a business or you hope to make money online, you probably realize that you’ve outgrown freebie blogging. And that’s when it’s time to move to WordPress.
- You know WordPress is more professional.
- You know WordPress offers functionality that Blogger doesn’t.
- Every blogger you admire keeps telling you it’s time to make the switch.
And of course, on a self-hosted WordPress blog there is no risk of Google bots coming in and shutting down your blog because they think it’s spam. YOU own your blog. You are in complete control.
Is it Time for you to Move your Blog to WordPress?
Unsure if this is the right decision for you? Consider a few questions which might help you reach a decision about moving to WordPress:
- Is your blog more than a hobby?
- Does your blog generate income?
- Do you aspire to have your blog earn money through a membership community, ads or affiliates?
- Are you hoping that your blog will grow larger and impact a broader audience?
- Have you been feeling nervous that Blogger might shut down your blog?
If you have answered YES to any of these questions, then moving to a self-hosted WordPress blog should be a strong consideration.
Every single person who’s ever migrated from Blogger to WordPress has the same regret: that they didn’t do it sooner! What held them back was fear of screwing up the migration and losing all their SEO and traffic. The only way you can do it without being a super-nerd is to have a good guide. Sharon’s book doesn’t miss a thing. I’ve moved blogs myself in the past and was able to figure it out (I do have some geek credibility) but I wish I had a guide like this at the time.
There is a lot of stuff in here I never new about, like cool tricks to redirect your old Blogger permalinks to the new WordPress ones. The way she breaks everything down step by step makes blog migration a far, far less scary undertaking. If you’re going to migrate your blog, you absolutely need this book. Even if you’re not going to do the work yourself, you should have an idea of what’s involved so you can talk about it intelligently with your web person.Michael Martine, Remarkablogger.com
What you need is a comprehensive resource that will show you how to move from Blogger to WordPress – without losing your back-links, your followers, your domain name, or your Page Rank.
Use promo code time4wp to save 20%!
What are your options?
If you have never done it before, making the move to WordPress can be scary. You have invested a lot in your blog, and you don’t want to risk losing it all.
- You need to keep the incoming back-links that drive your Page Rank.
- You need to keep your readers and followers.
- You need to keep your content, posts, and comments.
- You need to keep your domain name.
Up until now you have had three options:
- You could hire someone to do this for you. You get the blog moved, but you are out a big chunk of change without learning anything about WordPress. You don’t understand how it functions, and you are dependent on hiring someone else for simple, basic things. That’s more money out of your wallet.
- You could try to make the move yourself and risk messing it up completely. I’ve been there. I’ve done that. It wasn’t pretty.
- You could delay and put off making a decision. You could stay on Blogger for just a little bit longer. Of course, that means the problem only gets bigger… you only have more to lose when you finally make the plunge.
Introducing a New Option…
How to Move from Blogger to WordPress
- This book will walk you through the move from Blogger to WordPress.
- It will guide you through the entire process, step by step, clearly explaining exactly what you need to do, when you need to do it, and why.
- It will show you how to set up a test blog so you can practice on WordPress without impacting your Blogger blog.
- It will introduce you to the different components of WordPress like Themes, Plugins and Widgets.
- It will outline the exact steps you need to take to ensure that the incoming links (which drive your Page Rank and SEO) are intact.
- It will explain how to redirect your domain name so that your blog is never down (even if you are still using blogspot.com!)
- It will give you detailed instructions on how to update FeedBurner to pull updates from your new WordPress blog.
- BONUS MATERIAL! A complete chapter on how to transfer Google Friend Connect followers to WordPress.
Preview the First Chapter for FREE!
Would you like to get a glimpse of the book? Would you like to see how it is written, or see what it looks like?
Sure! Download a free preview which includes the table of contents, a whole chapter on choosing and setting up a hosting account, and the directions for your domain name if you are currently blogging on blogspot.com. You can see how the book is written in language that you can understand, with graphics and easy to follow directions that make the transfer process simple and straight forward.
Simply download the free preview here.
100% Risk-Free Guarantee
- Well written and easy to understand
- Explains the entire process to help you move your blog from Blogger to WordPress
- How to keep your followers and backlinks are outlined in this book.
Offering a no-questions-asked, 30-day money back guarantee. If this book isn’t what you wanted, or needed, or thought it would be, just send an email within the next 30 days, and you`ll get your money back.No hassle, no questions, just a full refund.
Is there a risk that someone will buy this book, fully planning to return it after they’ve moved their blog? Sure, that could happen. However, most people appreciate the value of a good resource and are willing to pay a fair price for something that is helpful. At the end of the process, when they see their shiny new WordPress blog, they will feel like $35 was a very fair price to pay.
Use promo code time4wp to save 20%!
I have officially made my switch to WordPress! Your eBook was a life saver. Seriously, this book is amazing! It’s easy to read and follow. I will recommend it to everyone I know who is ready to make the move to WordPress!Kendra Johns, Key Lime Designs
Still Not Sure?
How hard could it be? I’ll just figure it out on my own.
Hey, I know you! You’re just like me! “How hard could it be? I’ll just Google it.” That’s exactly how I tackled my first blog transfer.
The results? I spent well over 30 hours scouring the Internet to figure out how to do things. I burned the midnight oil, neglected my business, fed my family frozen pizza, and suffered several gut wrenching, ulcer-inducing moments of pure stress. Despite all that effort, I still messed things up. Towards the end of the process I would have paid 5 times the cost of this book to have someone answer my questions.
So it comes down to this: Is your time worth more than $2 an hour? If you said “yes,” then you should buy this book. It will save you at least 20 hours of torture.
(If you are still hesitating, and you’re planning to try it on your own, I wish you the best of luck. Go Forth and Conquer! Just bookmark this page so you can find it again when you would like to know what the heck you are doing to your blog).
I’m intimidated – I’d rather pay someone else to do if for me.
You might be worried that the book will be too technical or too complicated. Or you might worry that you’ll get stuck.
All of these are fair concerns, and many of the people who have used this book previously shared those same reservations. This is what one of them had to say after she launched her blog on WordPress…
Your book is absolutely amazing! AMAZING! It was very simple and very clear. I am one of those people who want to have every.single.thing. explained in the smallest of small steps, so this book was perfect!Kate Panatier, Mommy Monologues
That feedback is because this book was written just for you. It assumes that you don’t know what you are doing and every step is accompanied by a screen shot that helps explain things. Take a look at an example:
And what if, despite all the great pictures and clear directions, you still get stuck? Then I’ll jump in and help you. I’ll even deduct the price you paid for this book from my fees. Just send me an email using the contact button at the bottom of this page and we’ll get you back on track!
I’m not sure it’s worth it. $35 for an eBook?
You’re not sure if your blog is worth a $35 investment? Really?! That’s the same price that you might pay for lunch at Panera, or to have your clothes dry cleaned (and don’t even get me started on Starbucks!)
I know… some people need to pinch every penny and justify even the smallest of investments in their business. So I’ll make it easy for you. Here are two options that you should factor in:
- Included a $20 discount code on the price of hosting. Bam! You just saved some money.
- Offering my affiliates one of the best commissions you can find anywhere: 50/50 – I kid you not. Simply recommend the book to two people, and you have earned back your purchase price. More than two people? Now you’re earning money!
And don’t forget the 30-Day, No Questions Asked, Money-Back guarantee. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose! Just click the orange button and you’re on your way to WordPress!