Excite Your Dinner with @VHsauces Giveaway
I am continually searching for new recipe ideas to excite my family about the meals we’re eating. It’s important to me that our meals are not only healthy and nutritious but flavourful to keep my kids coming back for more. Some of our favourite meals are stir-fry’s and wraps because you can combine so many foods to bring out a maximum burst of flavours. VH Sauces add the perfect accent to any meal, from barbecuing in the summer months to marinated meats in the winter.
We chose the Korean Pork Lettuce Wraps to try out the very first night after our “Fun with Kids” VH excite your dinner blog tour package arrived, full of kids activities, VH sauces, adorable kids chopsticks and more. The actual cooking and prep time for this recipe was very quick and easy with a total of 20 minutes; as a busy mom of 4, I appreciate meals that save me time but don’t lack in flavour or nutrition. The kids had a lot of fun building their wraps; they liked that they could pick and choose what to put on each of their lettuce wraps. Specifically Miss Priss, being the pickiest eater, asked if we could have this again for supper. You know when your children ask for a meal to be made again that it was a huge hit.
- 1½ lb (675 g) pork tenderloin
- 1 cup (250 mL) VH® Korean BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) VH® Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- For wraps:
- 8 whole romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked rice
- ½ cup (125 mL) grated carrot (optional)
- ½ cup (125 mL) green onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- Slice the tenderloin lengthwise into 4 pieces, creating 4 equal strips. Pierce strips all over with a fork. Place in plastic freezer bag with ½ cup (125 mL) VH® Korean BBQ Sauce, VH® Soya Sauce and lime juice.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour, up to 1 day.
- Spray grill with PAM® Grilling Spray and heat to medium-high. Remove pork from marinade and wipe off excess, discard marinade. Place pork on grill and cook for 4 minutes, flip pieces over and begin basting with ½ cup (125 mL) of VH® Korean BBQ Sauce, continue cooking for 5 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Slice pork into ½-inch strips and serve alongside other garnishes.
- To assemble wraps, fill lettuce leaves with rice, pork, carrots, cucumber, additional sauce and green onions.
If you are looking for more recipe ideas, head over to the VH Sauces Facebook page where you can search the recipe bank. Search by ingredients, sauce or meal type for ideas to excite your dinner.
As part of this blog tour, I was able to select another Canadian blogger for the next round of the VH Sauces taste testing. I chose Julie of Sober Julie because since I met Julie in person at BlogWest early this year we have since become close friends and colleagues. If you are looking to be inspired, head over to read what Julie is all about.
GIVEAWAY: 1 lucky Canadian winner will receive a VH Excite Your Dinner Prize Package that includes VH Sauces and a grocery gift card valued at $25!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure – I am participating in the VH Excite Your Dinner blog tour by enCompass Media on behalf of Con Agra Foods. I received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion.