Top Toys for Tweens and Ollie Robot Giveaway #HolidayGifts2014
Tweens and teens are sometimes hard to buy for. They’re always looking for the next coolest thing, often what their friends have on their holiday wish list too. They like to think they are too old or too cool to play with toys but the reality is they’re still little kids at heart. As a mom, I look for that older kid toy that will get them just as excited as when they were little.
This year #HolidayGifts2014 has some exciting new ideas for your older kids; toys to keep them young at heart.
Ollie is the newest and hottest toy this season; it’s a nearly indestructible app-controlled robot built for speed and tricks that your kids can put to the test. Ollie spins, drifts and flips with app-powered tricks! Switch up the ride with custom tires and hubcaps.
Ollie rolls at speeds of up to 14 mph and connects instantly to your device via Bluetooth LE with a range of up to 100 feet. Turn on a dime with the included Nubby Tires or take them off to drift like a street racer. Powered by USB charging, Ollie glows in millions of colors and is ready to roll out.
- Experience: Speed, Tricks, Customization
- USB Charging (1 HR Drive Time)
- 4 Apps – Driving, Programming
- Drives Over 14 MPH (6M/S)
- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android
- Bluetooth LE (Instant Connect)
- Outruns Pets & Hates Water
The dreamy lites collection is great décor for any bedroom, a charming on-the-go companion and a compact solution for soothing sleep no matter where bedtime lands. Based on the original Twilight TurtleTM, these ‘dreamy lites’ octopuses come in two fun colours that project stars and friendly little fish blowing bubbles, while illuminating in soothing shades, helping ease fear of the dark.
Light timer and other features:
- 45-minute auto shut-off ensures complete darkness during children’s deep sleep, as recommended by pediatricians
- Dreamz to Go OctoTM Pinkle projects in soothing blue and red colour options
- Dreamz to Go OctoTM Bluee projects in soothing blue and green colour options
- Recommended Age – 0+
HEXBUG® VEX® Robotics
The build-it-yourself line of VEX Robotics kits fosters creative STEM learning through hands-on play by allowing children to construct their very own jumbo-sized HEXBUG and customize its programming. With VEX Robotics, kids as young as 8 can jump right in and snap these colorful robots together using the intuitive, tool-less components.
The HEXBUG VEX Robotics Ant kit teaches kids that…
- Motors receive signals from the brain, spinning into action, kicking the wheels into gear.
- Dual sensors from the antenna and tail control the motors after bumping into objects.
- Interlocking gears animate the ant by transferring energy from the motor through the endoskeleton and out to the wheels as they roll into motion.
- The brain is the centralized computer that powers the ant, relaying signals from the remote control and activating the motors and sensors to bring the creature to life!
The HEXBUG VEX Robotics Ant (MSRP $49.99) includes more than 150 snap together pieces. Ages 8 years and up.
#HolidayGifts2014 Twitter Party
If you’re looking for Christmas gift ideas for more people on your list, make sure to check our the rest of our Holiday Gift Guide features and don’t forget to join us for the #HolidayGifts2014 Twitter Party on December 9th at 9pm EST where Ryobi will be giving away an amazing prize! RSVP HERE.
Enter to WIN Ollie
How cool would it be to win one of these feisty robots? It’s easy to enter, just tell us who you would give this guy to in the comments below and fill out the form below. Open to Canadians.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored. All opinions are 100% my own.