Haystack Cookies Recipe
Haystack cookies are one of our favourite family cookie recipes. The is an easy no-bake recipe and the cookies never last long; my personal favourite is eating them straight out of the freezer. If you like the recipe, please pin the picture to your Pinterest board. 🙂
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup butter or ½ cup margarine
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 dash salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, cocoa and salt.
- Heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
- When it has reached a rolling boil, cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in vanilla, oats and coconut.
- Quickly drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Let cool.
- Great cookies for freezing!